La Salle Higher Secondary School, Multan, is a well-reputed institution for its educational services in the region for the last six decades. The students of La Salle have proved to be serviceable leaders in different walks of life, excelling in various professional and administrative fields, both at home and abroad.
The school is run by the De La Salle Brothers who have been at the service of education globally for over three centuries. The aim of a Lasallian school is to enable students to think independently and be of service to society as leaders and professionals who take pleasure in giving rather than in receiving. We believe in the formation of students who are strong in character and live our motto, “FOR GOD, FOR RIGHT”.
At present, the school is providing educational services from Play Group to Higher Secondary levels. We are registered with the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Multan. Our school is also a recognized Examination Centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). La Salle is a missionary institution and provides quality education at a very reasonable and affordable fee.
The La Salle Brothers started working in Pakistan towards the end of 1959 and have been educating the youths of boys and girls through their schools located in different areas of the country especially Multan and Faisalabad districts.
In 1959, Rt. Rev. Dr. Francis Benedict Cialeo (the then Bishop of Multan Diocese) saw his long dream become a reality when the La Salle Brothers opened a school for the education of young boys. On 1st of January 1960, the Rt. Rev. Dr. F.B. Cialeo OP, Bishop of Multan handed over the management of a new English medium school to the La Salle Brothers and it was named after the name of the Congregation of the La Salle Brothers as” La Salle High School, Multan.”
La Salle High School was opened for the first time at 9 a.m. on Monday, January 11th 1960. There were ninety-nine boys present on that day. The Headmaster, Rev. Bro. Stephen Harding Malqueen presided at the assembly held in the School Hall. The Pakistan National Anthem was sung and a short prayer offered to God to call down a special blessing on the new school. The headmaster then addressed the boys and staff He appealed to help build up a worthy tradition for the new La Salle School. “For God, for Right” was to be the motto of the school.
A very representative gathering graced the solemn opening of the new school by the Commissioner, A. M. Khan Leghari, Esq. C.S.P. and that in spite of rather unfavourable weather. Speeches were made by the Headmaster, Bro. Stephen —IN Harding, who welcomed the guests. His Lordship the Bishop of Multan spoke next and expressed the high hopes that he entertained for the future of the new school. He then called upon the Commissioner to declare open the new school. After a few suitable words the Commissioner cut the ribbon stretched across the entrance. He then proceeded to inspect the premises in the company of the important guests.