The British Overseas School aims to be recognised internationally as a leader in the provision of modern, high quality UK education. To achieve this we are committed to creating an educational ethos and environment from which the whole school community will benefit in terms of their learning, development and growth. We believe that our students will leave us as creative, constructive and responsible members of the international community instilled with enough enthusiasm, passion and ambition to last a lifetime.
To fulfill our mission, our teachers, students and parents will work together to ensure that all students:
- Receive equal access to a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum, regardless of race, religion, ability or gender;
- Have the opportunity to reach their full potential intellectually, emotionally, socially, morally and physically; in doing so they will be encouraged to set high standards for themselves;
- Are encouraged to develop a sense of responsibility for their own progress and achievement;
- Develop skills for independent, creative and critical thought to allow them to make balanced judgments as they develop their own opinions and views;
- Are excellent communicators and appreciate the importance of good communication;
- Are encouraged to develop their own self-esteem within a framework of values and principles such as honesty and tolerance;
- Act in a courteous and responsible manner towards all members of the School and the wider community regardless of race, gender, culture, religion and lifestyle;
- Are instilled with a commitment to service and a sense of responsibility for the local, national and global communities;
- Are offered an education in an international context which ensures transferability and continuity with educational institutions around the world.